Wednesday, January 29, 2014

A Cause to Be Thankful by Yolanda Shanks (Review)

A Cause to Be Thankful

(Destined to Live, Despite Me Series)

by Yolanda Shanks

(I received this book for review purposes.)

Thankful-YolandaShanks

Genre- Religion / Christian Life

Publisher- BelieversPress

Copyrighted- 2012

Number of pages- 110

Age Group- Adult

Description of book- Paperback, $14.99, ISBN: 978-0-9853616-1-7

Have you ever spent much time thinking about the ten lepers from the Bible?  Yolanda Shanks has used them as a reference in A Cause to Be Thankful.

In six short, but powerful chapters you will learn about thankfulness, leprosy, the ten lepers, instructions on how to be more thankful, and more.  The methods used are text, Biblical references, application, and prayer.

About the Author:

Yolanda Shanks currently lives in Texas with her husband.  She is also a grandmother.  She has written two other books Destined to Live, Despite Me and Not Just a Hearer but a Doer.

My thoughts:  

A Cause to be Thankful, by Yolanda Shanks, is a book that has inspired me to be more thankful and how to show it.

This book was very well written and can be used to inspire, but there was a big problem for me.  Chapter Seven “A Sentence of Death- We All Fall Into This Category,” was a confusing chapter to me.  It was confusing, because the chapter was mentioned often throughout the book and was the last one, not the first.  I think this chapter would have worked best as part of an appendix.  It could also be mentioned at the beginning that it is a useful resource for those who have yet to become Christians.

My favorite part of this book was the prayers.  Shanks has a spiritual gift with writing prayers and being very encouraging.  I plan on sharing these prayers with my children.  I think they would learn wonderful ways to praise the Lord and be thankful for what they have.

I also liked the application at the end of each chapter.  It was very helpful to know how to apply what I learned.

This book is one that everyone should read, whether you are a new Christian or not.  I highly recommend A Cause to be Thankful.

Informational and Purchasing Links:

Link Yolanda Shank’s Website: http://www.YolandaShanks.com/

Twitter: http://twitter.com/yolandashanks

Facebook URL: http://www.facebook.com/yolanda.shanks.75

Purchase from Amazon.

Disclosure of Material Connection- I received a free copy of A Cause to Be Thankful, by Yolanda Shanks to review.  I was not required to write a positive review nor was I compensated in any other way.  The opinions I have expressed are my own.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the FTC Regulations.  I am part of The CWA Review CrewAll links were current when posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment