Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Not Just a Hearer but a Doer by Yolanda Shanks (Review)

Not Just a Hearer but a Doer

by Yolanda Shanks

(I received this book for review purposes.)

Genre- Religion / Christian Life

Publisher- Bethany Press International

Copyrighted- 2012

Number of pages- 144

Age Group- Adult

Description of book- Paperback, $12.99, ISBN: 978-0-9853616-0-0

31 days is what it will take you to read Not Just a Hearer but a Doer, by Yolanda Shanks.  The daily devotions are a couple of pages each and will take the amount of time you put into it.  Some people may take ten minutes, others make take up to 45.  It is up to you how much time you spend.

The devotion verses are from all parts of the Bible.  The devotions are about loving others, being patient, listening to God, and many other subjects.

About the Author:

Yolanda Shanks currently lives in Texas with her husband.  She is also a grandmother.  She has written another book Destined to Live, Despite Me.

My thoughts:  

I've read that it takes many days to develop a habit.  The Not Just a Hearer but a Doer devotional study, by Yolanda Shanks, takes 31 days.  It might be long enough for you to develop the habit of reading the Bible or even being a great disciple for the Lord.  It helped me!

I thought the daily setup with the story, Bible verses, background of those verses, Shank's interpretation, application, memory verses, and the spot to write the text in my own words was interesting.  I was able to learn a lot from each day's lesson.

I would have enjoyed having more questions available to me.  I am not the type of person who is able to study with just information.  I need questions to answers to help me learn more, though I did learn a lot from Shanks.

Many people could and should do this 31 day devotional study to become more active in their relationship with God.  Perhaps that person is you.  I recommend it.

Informational and Purchasing Links:

Link Yolanda Shank’s Website: http://www.YolandaShanks.com/

Twitter: http://twitter.com/yolandashanks

Facebook URL: http://www.facebook.com/yolanda.shanks.75

Purchase at Amazon.

Disclosure of Material Connection- I received a free copy of Not Just a Hearer but a Doer, by Yolanda Shanks to review.  I was not required to write a positive review nor was I compensated in any other way.  The opinions I have expressed are my own.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the FTC Regulations.  I am part of The CWA Review CrewAll links were current when posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment