Product: Online version of Read, Write & Type
Vendor Contact Information:
Talking Fingers, Inc.
830 Rincon Way
San Rafael, California 94903
Age Appeal: Ages 6-8
Format: online program
Price: Home online program is a five year subscription 1 user for $35, 2 users for $55, 3 users for $70, 4 users for $85, 5 users for $100
Reading, writing and typing all in one program? Yes. You can get all of this with Talking Finger's online version of Read, Write & Type.
After you have chosen which home online program to use and made your purchase you will want to register your account. After that step your kids will be even closer to learning reading, writing and typing. You will set up their accounts with usernames and passwords. Now your kids can begin learning.
Your kids will participate:
- Home screen- meet the letters
- Theater, video store and fair booth- phonics skills
- Park- blend sounds together
- Story tree- build words and write simple stories
- Power fountain- build speed and accuracy
- Hall of fame- Earn certificates for achievements
- E-mail tower- send “e-mails”
- Spaceship challenge
As a reward each student will be able to read a story when they have finished a level. Those stories are found here.
On the website under downloads you will find your online manual, activity book (with more ideas for reading) and a practice keyboard.
What I Liked:
- B and C can do this program themselves.
- B and C are asking me every day if they can play the games.
- The instructions are clear.
- B and C can strengthen their weak areas by repeating the activities.
What I Disliked:
- Vexor could be scary to younger kids.
- The program says both the letter sound and what the letter says.
- C is with the pointer finger, which seems very difficult to me.
What B (boy, age six almost seven) Liked and Disliked: I liked everything, but I agree with Momma. Vexor could be scary to young kids. Vexor could be scary, because he sucked up the letters. I liked that the Leftway and Rightway could talk. It was hard trying to get the storytellers across the playground. I recommend this to other kids my age, because it is a great way to learn how to type.
What C (girl, age four almost five) Liked and Disliked: I love everything. It was hard because Vexor made it tricky. He made it tricky by changing the rules. It was easy typing one letter at a time. In Vexor's ship it was easy to push S if the word began with S or spacebar if it did not. There was nothing I disliked. I recommend this for kids my age who would like to learn how to properly type.
I would recommend this product. For more reviews for Read, Write and Type go to The Homeschool Crew review.
Other Products Available: CD versions of Read, Write & Type (not for Windows 7 or Mac 10.6), Word Qwerty – online and CD versions
Disclaimer: I received this product for free for review purposes through The Homeschool Crew. All links were current when posted.