Friday, December 21, 2012

Christmas Caroling and Other Things

We recently went Christmas caroling at a senior housing center with my sister’s 4-H club.  It was a lot of fun.  I don’t know how often you sing Christmas songs, but it was evident that my children and I need to work on singing the carols and songs, not just listen to the instrumental music on NPR.
I have never really thought that there was anything lacking in our homeschooling and this is one of those things.  We need to be practicing singing the songs for the season that we are in.  Singing Christmas songs and carols was one of the best parts of going to our rural country school.  I can still remember parts of our Christmas programs too. 
This is one of the times that I think that my children would have a lot of fun going to public school.  We have been talking recently about how it would be to go to either a country school or a larger school in town.  They have decided that they wouldn’t like it, especially since they feel there would be a lack of history and there would be no Bible study.  I never knew how much those things meant to them.  I am glad to know they treasure Bible studies and Jesus, which is so important this time of year.  God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment