Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Thankful for Good Roads and Weather

This is the time of year that we make our yearly winter trek to the home ranch.  We need to go through three different states, and this time of year the weather can be horrible.  We have never had roads so bad that we couldn’t travel to our hometown, but we have gotten stuck in town when we got here.  That was a really interesting trip, because our Christmas lunch consisted of burritos from the gas station and we had a flat tire.  That was our most interesting trip.
Our trip this year was great.  We were able to go on our usual route and the weather was great.  It was sunny and in the 30’s.  We almost beat our record time.  I have to say that the older the kids get the faster the trip becomes.  I’m glad we don’t have so many bathroom stops.  I am very grateful for my kids and my sisters and my husband who have traveled the roads with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment