Product: Math Facts Now! Version 2.0
Vendor Contact Information:
Math Facts Now!
2882 Shenandoah Shores Road
Front Royal, VA 22630
Age Appeal: K-6
Format: download (what I reviewed) or CD
Price: $15.95, $3.95 S/H
Math Facts Now! is a computer program that your children can use to memorize their math facts.
- You can design the lesson using addition, subtraction, multiplication or division and numbers up to twelve.
- You select how many problems your child will answer for lesson and then save that specific lesson.
- You decide how many times your child needs to type the problem that was missed.
- You can have a reward chosen for each lesson completed with no mistakes.
- You can print the results of the lesson, for your child to practice later.
System requirements: runs on Windows 2000, ME, XP, Vista and Windows 7. Needs 4.5 Mb of free hard drive space. Is not available for Macs at this time.
I remember from my own time in school that it is very important to memorize the math facts. I also had a lot of fun doing the timed math tests. Math Facts Now! is perfect for me to help teach my children to love math just as I did, but without the use of paper. It is a great way to save paper and ink!
B has a good grasp of basic addition and subtraction, so this was a fun program for him to see how quickly and accurately he could do the problems. C has not had enough practice with math to use this program as the 60 second time limit per problem was not long enough for her to finish the problem.
Math Facts Now! has been a wonderful tool for us to use and will be in the years to come in strengthening their knowledge of math facts to twelve.
What I Liked:
- A perfect timed test, we didn't have to use paper!
- Showed results and what problems were missed, so B could practice them.
- It was challenging, but not enough to be frustrating.
- I could choose a reward for a test done correctly.
What I Disliked:
What B (boy, age seven, first grade) Liked and Disliked: I did addition, subtraction and a little multiplication (x's 1). It was fun because we got to try to beat the timer. It was o.k. if you didn't beat the time, because you memorized the problem by typing it out. The problems were up to twelve, for example 12+12. I think it is good for kids my age.
What C (girl, age five working on Kindergarten) Liked and Disliked: Math Facts Now was a little difficult and I need to learn how to add and subtract easily before I try again. This might be easy for kids my age if they know adding and subtracting.
Other Products Available: None at this time.
I would recommend Math Facts Now! For more reviews on Math Facts Now! go to The Homeschool Crew review page.
Disclaimer: I received this product for free for review purposes through The Homeschool Crew. All links were current when posted.