Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Faith Builders Bible (Schoolhouse Review Crew Review!)

We've been enjoying the Faith Builders Bible from Zonderkidz.

Zondervan Logo

Product Links: Faith Builders Bible NIrV

Vendor Information Link: Zonderkidz

Age Appeal: Ages 6 to 9 (or older for those who like building with blocks or need an easier version to read), third grade reading level 

Format: Hardback, ISBN 978-0-310-75463-3

Price: $24.99

Faith Builders Bible-001

Do you have any members of your family who enjoy building with blocks and learning the different stories of the Bible?

The Faith Builder’s Bible will enable your children to build, read, and memorize verses from different stories in the Bible.  There are more than 18 pages with different building opportunities.  Each page includes information about the Bible story, where to go for more information, the picture to build with blocks/Legos, and a memory verse.

It also includes a complete explanation of what the New International Reader’s Version contains and how it is different than the New International Version.

Faith Builders Bible

Our Experience: 

God’s word is an important part of our family’s daily life.  My children and I were excited to learn about the Faith Builder’s Bible, because it involved building the stories of the Bible with bricks.

B loves building with Legos, so I knew he would enjoy looking at the photo, reading the story, building item, and memorizing the verses.

I was hoping that C would enjoy doing the same.  She enjoys building with Legos, but not as much as B.  I thought this version would be good for her to read, because it is geared towards those who are beginning readers.

We used this version in our daily Bible study.  I had C read the verses, so she could practice and I could learn how well this version worked for her.

I used the building pages as building challenges for B and C.  I would have them build the page, and I would read the story and we would talk about the memory verse.

I plan on continuing using this Bible for our Bible study.  I’m going to develop my own building challenges that the kids can build on their own.

Faith Builders Bible Can You Build It

Mama’s Thoughts:

  • I thought this was an excellent Bible for children in the elementary grades.  It had simple words that were easy to read and understand.  I really appreciated all the effort that was put into making this version easy to understand, yet relevant.
  • It’s important to learn what the Bible teaches, and if a child is kinesthetic this version would be perfect for them.  They can build, read, and memorize verses from the different Bible stories.
  • I liked the list of 92 Bible stories in the back of the Bible.  I plan on turning these different Bible stories into more building challenges for B and C.  In our daily devotions they learn a lot of different individual verses, but it’s important to learn the complete stories. 
  • I wish the dictionary had been longer, because children always like to learn more.  It would have helped me if Jesus’s words were in red, so I’m sure children would like that too.

B’s Thoughts (boy, age 12, officially in sixth grade):   

I really enjoyed the Faith Builders Bible.  I love playing and building with Legos, so this Bible was perfect for me.  My mother picked building pages and had my sister, C, build them. 

I liked that the scripture in the New International Reader’s version was easy to understand and enjoy. 

It would have been nice to have an introduction page for each book describing who wrote it.  It would have been helpful if this Bible was a red letter edition, as I sometimes have trouble finding out when Jesus is speaking.

I would highly recommend this Bible to people of all ages.

 

C’s Thoughts (girl, age 10, officially in fourth grade):

  • I really liked how Mama made building challenges from the building pages.
  • I like the fact that it is easier for young children and me to understand and read.
  • From the building pages, I built sheep.  I tried to build a fish, but it didn’t work.
  • I think this Bible would be good for children who are reading easy chapter books and like to build with Legos and blocks.

Dad’s Thoughts:

I liked the New International Reader's Version Faith Builders Bible. I think this is a good way to interest younger readers in the bible. With biblical scenes created out of Legos it helps to illustrate important messages. The Faith Builders Bible is an asset in introducing young readers to history and important lessons.

Faith Builders Bible Jesus

Mama highly recommends the Faith Builders Bible!

Social Media Links!

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Zonderkidz/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/zonderkidz

 
Crew Disclaimer
 

No comments:

Post a Comment