Monday, January 14, 2013

Is there such a thing as too many pictures or videos on a blog?

Have you ever given much thought to how many videos and pictures have to be put in an individual blog post either by choice or by requirement?

I usually never give it much thought, but when I am in the great state of Wyoming, my choices are usually dial-up or satellite.  I would need to travel 45 minutes to the public library to be able to use broadband.  And with the famous Wyoming wind, the satellite doesn’t always work. This past Christmas vacation I thought I would try to access my blog using dial-up and after waiting five minutes I still couldn’t get the page to load. 

Many of my review posts require that I have pictures or video and I know that research says that people like to have pictures and videos on posts, but I am going to limit the number of pictures and videos that I have to have on my posts.  I would like all of the people in the world to be able to visit my blog, not just the ones who have high-speed internet.

How about you?  What are you going to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment