Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Thankful for Firefighters

This past summer of 2012 was very dry throughout the United States.  There were many big fires (50,000 acres plus) in Montana, Idaho, and Wyoming.  My family and I live within miles of several of them.  It was scary to see all the smoke and the flames day after day.  The fire and smoke wasn’t coming our way, so we were lucky that we didn’t need to evacuate.

I must admit though that I was a little paranoid when it first started.  I wanted to pack up all my things and get out of there.  I calmed down when I saw that the fire was never going to come our way.  The wind was always going the wrong way to come our way and the fire had to burn up rock and tree hills and back down again.

I am so thankful for my dad, brother, cousins, friends, National Forest Service personnel, and all the others who fought and helped with the fires this past summer. 

Please visit www.inciweb.org to see pictures and learn more about the fires that were fought in 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment