Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Read Aloud Challenge- March 5, 2013

We are now in week two.  We are continuing the books we began last week.

We are reading 101 Great American Poems edited by The American Poetry & Literacy Project for poetry.  I decided to find poems about snow in the book to read this week, since it snowed again.

I am reading Carry on Mr. Bowditch while the children are working their handwriting. We are now almost done with it!

Our new book for science is Christian Liberty Nature Reader Book 3 and this week we are finishing up our study of ants.  I never realizes what neat little creatures they are.

Our American history book is Children of the Covered Wagon by Mary Jane Carr.  The wagon train has made it to Fort Laramie and problems with the Dakotas.  The detail in this book is great and the children are always eager to have it read to them.

This was our week of reading. What did you read this week to your children?

You can go to Footprints in the Butter for more Read Aloud Challenge posts.

2 comments:

  1. I still haven't read Carry On Mr. Bowditch. I should add that to our 'Read Aloud' pile. I used to assign the Nature Readers to my middle son for science. I should start doing the same for my younger one. I am part of the challenge as well and shared our list over on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to read Carry On, Mr. Bowditch again. It's been a couple of years...

    Thanks for linking up!!!

    ReplyDelete