Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Read Aloud Challenge- October 22, 2013

We have not been reading aloud as much as I would like to during our days, so next week I am going to change the name of this post.  The new name of the post is, “Reading Challenge.”  In this post I will list the books the children have been reading to themselves and what I have been reading to them. 

C finished listening to Anne of Avonlea by L. M. Montgomery.  I think she really enjoyed listening to it. 

We took a drive a week ago and listened to Stallion by Starlight, by Mary Pope Osborne.  It was about Alexander the Great when he was a child.  We really enjoyed learning about him.

For fun we are reading Diary of a Real Payne Book 1: True Story, by Annie Tipton.  This book has had the children begging for more.  I will be posting a review in the next couple of days.

We recently did a unit study about George Washington and I just happened to come across, Revolutionary Friends: General George Washington and the Marquis de Lafayette, by Selene Castrovilla.  This was a wonderful picture book and a great conclusion to our unit study.

Unfortunately that is all we have read this past week.  So next week I am going to try to read more to the children and I will mention what the children have been reading.

Have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment