Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Read Aloud Challenge- October 8, 2013

We have been having fun listening and reading to stories this past week.

I am having C read to me every day for twenty minutes.  She is currently reading Princess Posey and the Tiny Treasure, by Stephanie Greene, and illustrated by, Stephanie Roth Sisson.  She doesn’t like reading it to me though, so I might have to read it to myself and let her find the books she wants to read to me.

C has also been listening to CDs in her room.  She is listening to some of the Magic Tree House books this week.  I don’t think B is listening to anything in his room right now.  The three of us are listening to Anne of Avonlea by L. M. Montgomery.  We have been listening to it when we drive places.

For fun we are reading Diary of a Real Payne Book 1: True Story, by Annie Tipton.  This book has the children begging for more.  The review will be coming between October 18-25, so tune in then.

I also read some pictures books to the children this week:

  • When Stravinsky met Nijinsky by Lauren Stringer
  • Daredevil: The Daring Life of Betty Skelton by Meghan McCarthy (an awesome book)
  • Thunderstorm by Arthur Geisert (another awesome book)
  • Water in the Park: A book about water & the times of the day by Emily Jenkins and illustrated by Stephanie Graegin

We haven’t been reading aloud as much as I would like to, but it is an improvement over the summer.  Have a wonderful week.

No comments:

Post a Comment